So I should be having lunch right about now so that I can go to studio and spend the rest of my day working there. But as always my mornings are slow. I went to Target this morning and bought a few more things to add to the "costume" I'm making myself for a photoshoot. Well, you'll see those later.

But here I have a pair of small white gloves that fit quite snug. I got them from a vintage clothing store on Broughton St on a whim. Well they are part of the "costume", but I really hadn't made plans to stop by the store. The same is true for the French perfume which cost $10 and was the last of its kind on the shelf. I like the smell of it, it's soft and lasting.

Yesterday was the zine fair and although it rained, it was quite nice. Well, quite quiet really. I was only there for a bit, as my companions were without cash. But this is what I got, and I am very encouraged to try it for myself next year.

4 comments:

  1. Kiriska said...

    Oh? I wanna hear about this costume of yours. Especially since I just got my wonderful new DSLR camera and would love to take pictures of a model. :P

    The zine fair was nice. I kind of wish it were at a closer venue because I feel like more people would have shown up then. Being amazingly cheap, I only got what I could get by bartering the old KH pins I'm still trying to get rid of. But yeah, I'd definitely be interested in participating next time.  

  2. Sarah A said...

    hey yo, haha my "costume" is pretty mundane...'50's housewife. XD but i'm doing my hair up and dressing in heels, the whole 9 yards as they say. basically i have to do a process book for my 'shop class. and the project was to build a whisk. soooo....for my company logo/branding i'm doing 50's vintage. the process book entails taking photos of the ...process. how we build it. and as a gag i'm going to stage the building steps in my costume. like, you know the ads they had back then? trying to do something like that. i'm just hoping it comes out funny. XD i have a photo major taking the pics for me but thaaaaaaaaaank you for the offer. ;u; i actually might beg you to do a second photoshoot if i forget some steps. >____>;;

    the zine fair was neat and i am sooo doing it next year!  

  3. Kiriska said...

    Hahaha, that's an awesome idea! I can't wait to see what you look like. xD  

  4. sujen said...

    those gloves are SO ADORABLE! <3 I can't wait to see the fruits of that photoshoot.

    I wish I could have seen the zine fair--I'm gonna have to snatch those goods from you for a brief read when I head down to SCAD.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Portfolio modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Flickr.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.