Achtung Baby




So after much pondering (or very little depending upon how you look at things) I've made my decsion.

I'm going to Germany. And then France.

I've decided to apply for the program in Germany because it's a shorter time (3 weeks as opposed to 9). This saves me money in tuition (Lacoste is SCAD's full tuition price plus various other expenses). And I think it will allow me a little more freedom in the long run. With the time and money I'll save from not going to Lacoste, I can spend going to France on my own terms. So, yes, the plans as they stand, have me going 3 weeks in Germany for the program and then a week or so traveling on my own in France. I'm not sure where I want to go. Paris, for all its fame, I am not too keen on. The French people and the Parisians are a different class all together really. I'm thinking either Nantes or Rennes (close to the northern coast).

Yes and so, and so...my hair is quite curly! I love this humid weather. I don't think the pictures do it justice. You'd have to feel it. Or, at least, that's how I pass the time. You'd think after a lifetime I would be used to it...but no.

And the yarn shop? Something Fabre I think it was called. I found it, hidden though it was. And it was gorgeous. This is what I got. A couple of scraps of fabric to make a softie, a cheap ball of yarn and some knitting needles.

And now it is time for me to figure out how to knit.
And my grey-scale in gouache. Ew.

3 comments:

  1. sujen said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. sujen said...

    I asked how long it was and it was in your last journal. >,>
    That sounds like a ton of fun--which I am TOTALLY jealous!!

    KNIT LIKE THE WIND!!  

  3. AppleJelly said...

    ahh.. you lucky woman. Germany and France sound entirely refreshing. man, I have to travel this summer or else I'm going to go nuts. I may go to Japan this summer, (it really just depends on if I go for the fall semester, but anyways) this chick wanted to come with me. I'm not so sure if I'm kool with that. There's just particular people you want to travel with.. and I'm not so sure if I can handle her.
    honestly, just waiting for you guys to come with some day- I think it's just our thing.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Portfolio modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Flickr.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.