On a Bicycle Made for One








Recapping the weekend briefly just to say it was pretty awesome. I got to really hang out with friends I hadn't seen over the break and I got 90% of my homework done before its Tuesday due date (leaving today pretty free!). Saturday morning Darby, David, Yidi & I went out to a giant flea market off the highway. I got a magikarp figure for $2 and a jar of old buttons for $8. Nice deals. Also ate at Krystal's for the first time in my life. The burgers were okay. I'm not entirely won-over by the steaming process. And on the way back we stopped at a new junk shop where I found my new bike.

My new bike is named Collin. Namesake of Collin Meloy, who sings "Apology Song" (which is about a bicycle). My bike reminds me a lot of the one illustrated on the band's tee-shirts. I'm taking it to the repair shop today, and hopefully I'll get it back soon. Basically it needs a new cable and back tire, but I'm also going to have them put a rack on the back and a basket. Nice.

Oh, and this is how my wood lathing is going. Between my two fingers is going to be the handle of the wine-bottle stopper. Haven't sanded/finished it yet, but I like how it's going. I'm hoping I left enough room at the bottom so it will taper down to the bottle itself. I need to snag a calibrater and find out the dimensions again to be sure.

And the new pug calendar gifted to me is in a strategic place. Right next to my desk so when ever I glance down I see that beautiful face. I'll probably be using it to mark deadlines on soon too.

In other news my Color Theory prof is all sorts of amazing. Due in one week and two days I need my gouache grey scales (done except for to swatches on one scale), a few page illustrated text on color, and two large softie creatures. The two softies I'm going to make out of wool, using a felting technique I haven't tried before. They'll be way bigger than what I've done previously, having a wire frame and stuffing on the inside. One will show harmonious colors and one will show discordant. Basically I'll do an animal (I'm thinking either a giraffe or elephant), one in natural fiber colors (brown, grey, cream, etc) and the other in saturaded bright colors. Hope this goes well so I can sell them on my etsy shop. Which I'll open as soon as a) my new credit card gets here and b) I have something to sell.

Well that was enough prattle for today!

2 comments:

  1. sujen said...

    ;0; I miss the puppy calendar I stole from your mom last year. The puggies were WAY cuuuteee. *sighs* One day, I'll have one I swear.

    The bike actually reminds me of Juno's bike 'cause it's red..though I think her handlebars had white wrapping? XD Sort of. Anyways, CONGRATS on the new bike! :D I can't wait to ride with you when we head down to scad. Have you managed to sell your old bike yet?

    I'm excited about the store you're starting--you'd better take pictures of the larger softies, especially with the metal frame. I just got my cred. card too. It's love in a peice of plastic, I swear.  

  2. Kiriska said...

    Hey! You got a bike after all, huh?  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Portfolio modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Flickr.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.