And We Slept In Sundays...

No pictures in this post? Tragical.
Indeed.

So, in other news I am mulling over things while listening to "On the Bus Mall", courteousy of the Decemberists (hence a certain title). Just got back from getting a new quarter sticker on my id card & since I was in the building anyways, I decided to track down some off-campus info. The choices for this summer are: Chicago, New York, Germany (where? oh I don't know), Italy (city?), and of course Lacoste, France.

For me it comes down to three choices. I'm thinking Germany, Lacoste, or New York. Chicago is only offering art history & architect classes. Italy only has art history and photography.

So let's examine:

Germany
+cooler summer weather, good for a country that doesn't believe in air conditioning
+only 3 weeks
+fills my last art history course
+lets me take painting (something I'd probably never take here)
-only 3 weeks
-I don't get to practice my French
-I don't speak German

New York
+it's New York
+there is air-conditioning
+there are subways
+there are a shitload of shopping centers and museums
+good fabric/yarn stores
+fills up a history course
+cheaper
-only 2ish weeks
-I still haven't left the U.S.


Lacoste, France
+I get to practice my French
+it's France FTW!
+it's in a medieval village
+I get to take art history
+I get to take painting
+it's 9 weeks
-it's 9 weeks
-it's in a medieval village (out in the middle of nowhere)


So yeah, I need to talk to my adviser and such.

In other news, I've heard rumor of a yarn shop but as yet have not seen it. I will explore further tomorrow before class. Fini!

2 comments:

  1. Kiriska said...

    Oh, man. There's a New York thing? How much is it/where did you get this information?  

  2. Sarah A said...

    York hall has all the info you need on it! it's cheaper than the other ones, um, i look up how much later (running late). but if you can provide your own living place i think it's even cheaper. oh, and they're going to have illustration there for sure.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Portfolio modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Flickr.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.