Words But No Pictures

Well, I am a very tired person. I've gotten little sleep over the past few days due to finishing up projects. I'd post photos but my profs still have them. I'm pretty happy with how my Color Theory project came out.

For Color Theory I had to write a three-page essay/ poem/ or illustrated text on my personal feelings on color. I opted for the illustrated text, and did something very simple but (hopefully) aesthetically pleasing. I'm looking forward to posting it when I get it back.

Besides that, there were our typed class notes and 6 grey/color scales (you know, squares and gaouche).

But the real Project (with a capital "P") was on Harmonious/Discordent colors. Being as Fibers is my minor, I did needle felt softies. Because we're supposed to be challenging ourselves (preferably with new mediums), I created my softies large with a wire-frame. It was a first for me, constructing the wool around a wire frame. Also the scale of them was very new to me. They stand at about one foot high and a half foot long. Previously I've just made palm-sized creations. It took hours and hours and hours of needle stabbing to say the least. The positive of it was I got an absolute 100% on the project. My prof gave some positive feedback too, which I'm still in shock of receiving. She's usually a real tough critique giver, even going so far as to critique your placement of your project in the front of the room. haha. So yeah, pretty amazing. I think I'm going to sleep now....

1 comments:

  1. Kiriska said...

    I can't wait to see your projects! Mine aren't nearly as exciting.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Portfolio modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Flickr.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.