Wooly Things







So here is my second attempt at creating a felt owl. First time sewing on buttons though. Total time was around 45 minutes, and that was because I didn't have my foam block and was trying to felt needle on my thigh (a very stupid thing to try btw). Also forgot to sew on the eyes before adding the grey, yes I am brilliant. So I had to felt over the thread I used to sew on the eyes...blahblahblahfelt.

Also pictured are my spoils from the yarn shop today. Wild Fibre. Accidentally went in while an Intro to Fibers class was taking place (they were doing a field trip). So I had to wait 30 minutes while the store owner measured out ounces of wool for twenty-odd people. What was amusing was that I had dragged Jacob along thinking it would only be a few minutes (I knew what I wanted, I just had to get it). So I got to do the whole boyfriend dragged to girly store. LULZ. Anyways there's my foam block (it's dark and hidden) which I am most excited about. <3 It's better than the previous thing I had felted on because it doesn't pull out the fibers so much on the wool, and also it's deeper. Oh I got longer needles too. And the one on the left is a knitting zine that looks neat-o. And the book to the right is this amazing read that profiles various artist and gives knitting patterns that are way too hard for me at the moment. One of the artist does some sort of guerilla-street knitting. Like, knitting around lamposts and such at night. haha.

And lastly is my tea cabinet, with three new mugs I got for Giftmas. Mom just shipped them to me the other day. I couldn't take them on the plane with me, but I'm very glad to have them now.

Oh, and I talked to a girly classmate today. Apparently I'm not the only one who gets tired and sore on the first week back to class because of riding their bike. Woo.

1 comments:

  1. sujen said...

    It's SO FREAKIN' CUTE.
    I would LOVE to sell them for you actually; I can't wait to see what other things you make! :'D
    I have the cutest Idea for a business card (kind of in a illustrator clean-cut style? I'll show you a mock-up sometime)...

    Decorate my apt for me. ;0;  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Portfolio modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Flickr.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.